I never expected that my YouTube channel about Visual Merchandising could ever collect so many people interested in the topic.
When I opened, in 2010, it was just a way to keep my mind busy and update about windows displays, a way to learn better and explain better concepts in my work, well at that time I didn’t have a job actually…
During the last 15 years, I got the chance to be in contact with so many different people involved in this industry, learn a lot from each different path, shared a lot of my experiences and noticed that the real key to growing as a person and professional is sharing knowledge.
That’s why, as soon as I noticed that you, as a subscriber to my YouTube channel, were reaching 2k I thought the best way to thank you for supporting me was answering to your question and share my knowledge once again with you.
I worked hard, collect your questions, set down and put together an almost 30 minutes long video to give you my point of view.
Here the questions I’m answering in this video (click on each to go straight to that question)
- Where do you see the future of visual merchandising 10-15 years from now with the increase in online retail?
- With e-commerce becoming more mainstream, how do visual merchandisers keep brick and mortar from going under?
- What is your suggestion about VM lifespan, will online kill our job or it will remain the same?
- Is the job of a VM still relevant for an online shop? How?
- How do Visual Merchandisers adapt to e-commerce without the skills of a graphic designer or photographer? How do we adapt in general? Will brick and mortar have a comeback?
- What do I have to study in order to start a career in visual merchandising?
- As I’m going to graduate from an architecture school next year and I wonder if my BA degree allowed me to work as visual merchandiser?
- Can you tell us a good place or courses to learn more about visual merchandising, please?
- What do you think is happening with luxury VM?
- Any suggestion to display records and music items? any difference between the music store and concept store?
- Can I ask about connection VM and window display? Does window designer have to work as Visual Merchandiser?
- My question is very nuts and bolts…6 months into a rethink and revamp of a museum gift shop. I’ve transformed the exterior w paint and garden but have clunky tired shop fittings ( jewelry counters etc) with no budget or approval to remove .need ideas or a starting point!
- What are the main differences between the VM language for male customers and female ones?
- My question is can you do VM remotely? What do you need to do as a task?
Hope you like the video and please let me know if you have any more specific topic you want me to go deeper!